Sunday, February 24, 2019

VIP in My Life (2)

Bismillaah


Graduated from primary school at my village, I continued my study at Klaten, the district capital. There, I lived with my uncle's family, Om Muslim. I spent about six years there. So, I spent my teenager with Om Muslim.


Om Muslim is my mother's younger brother. He was a humble person. He hardly talked, except an important thing. We, he and I, hardly talked to each other. I only spoke to him when I needed permission to do something or to go somewhere. He also only spoke to me if there was an important thing.


Eventhough he never spoke, I know that he loved and cared about me, espescially about my study. When the test came, he gived more attention to me. He had me not to do many things in the kitchen because my duty was studying and studying. Sometimes, I felt bored. So, after studying in the night, when I thought that everybody had slept, I watched TV. Oh no, my uncle hadn't slept yet. You know, he ordered me to turn off the TV and study again.


That's my uncle. He was strict. Fortunately, I never felt unconvinient with his rules. I was lucky having such an uncle. Because of him, I became a diligent student. My day was full of study activities. And I became to fall in love in studying. I don't know what would happen if my uncle hadn't cared of me. I might not be like what I am now.


Now, Om Muslim has passed away. A part of my soul went away. There's something painful here. Only praying that I can do. Oh Allah, forgive all his sins, accept all his good things, give him much more rewards on his good deeds. Aamiin yaa rabbal'aalamiin.

No comments: